Arthritis Consultants, P.A.
Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your first visit and 10 minutes prior to your subsequently scheduled appointments. This will allow us time to assemble/organize charts, verify insurance, collect copay/deductibles, contact your primary care doctor and/or hospital for any additional notes/labs/xrays not yet forwarded to us, assist you in completion/review of your medical, legal rights, privacy forms, medication lists and take your vital signs and weight.
A lot happens prior, during and after your appointment. A team of at least 5 people are working to ensure all components of your appointment runs as smoothly as possible for every visit with us.
There are times when patients have more serious and complicated problems that are unpredictable. Typical 15-30 minute appointments may take over an hour in those cases. When this happens, the schedule will fall behind. We give all our patients the time they need to adequately evaluate and treat their conditions.
1. All payments such as deductibles and copays are due at the time of service. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
2. If you can't make an appointment, please notify us no later than 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment time. This will allow us to schedule other patients who need our care in a timely manner. Missed appointments will be assessed a NO-SHOW FEE of $50 for new consults and $25 for return missed appointments. Medical office overhead is very high and missed appointments negatively impact our ability to deliver cost-effective care and maintain continuity of your care. Three missed appointments may result in dismissal and transfer of your care to another provider.
3. ABSOLUTLY NO CHILDREN ALLOWED in the office UNLESS they have a SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT.
4. Cell phones should be silenced or turned off during appointments.
5. No food or drinks are allowed in the office.
Telephone Call Policies
IF you believe your problem is emergent and may be serious or life threatening, please call 911 for immediate medical assistance. IF you believe your problem is URGENT but not life threatening, you may call our office during normal business hours and an appointment will be made with our practitioners. You may also call our office and request that a message be given to a physician or a practitioner along with a description of your problem and telephone number. In this situation, a reply is typically given at the end of the business day